Thursday, January 10, 2008

Critic's Choice

I worked the Critic's Choice Awards on Monday and it was so very clear there is a strike going on. Very few name actors attended and I'd have to say most simply sent their reps. The president of Screen Actor's Guild ( and I'm a member) had asked SAG members not to attend the show in support of the Writer's even though Critic's Choice was not a picketed show. I believe his request was in large part honored. Sure I saw Angie and Brad who cruised in last minute and the same goes for George Clooney (presented an award to his comrade Don Cheadle) looking finer and leaner than I have ever seen him and God knows I've seen him plenty over the years of doing these events. Oh, and I had a few words with Javier Bardem *swoon* who was in desperate need of a loo. He is one fine specimen of man. Seriously.

Javier%21.jpg

George%20Clooney.jpg
I ran the cocktail reception for the caterer (and he always does an amazing job) as well as the post show after party. This was the first year we had an after party and it was a swank affair. It was tented, a study in white and there were fabulous Flamenco/Salsa dancers and hot little bite sized snack bartenders everywhere. I'm always happy when I see it all come together. I've got this award show thing down.

And I got a kick out of saying hi to my man Snoop Dogg who was a true gentleman and may I add was pimped out true Dogg style. Fer Shizzle.

Snoop.jpg
After a long day on my feet and screaming into a walkie talkie I needed some down time so I spent a good part of yesterday in bed. I've been sick for over two weeks now so I knew a time out was in order. I took advantage of the day off and dropped my car off to get some long overdue and much needed work done. Almost a grand later and my Volvo runs like a dream. It's all about multi-tasking, no?

Now to book my ticket out of the Country later this month.

I feel some traveling coming on...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Lovely photos.
I do hope you get to feeling better soon.

xo

Kathy Bray said...

Kristi,

I'm better and on the move! I'm off to guatemala in a week!
Life is good...

Anonymous said...

Crikey! George is gorgeous!